Acupuncture for fertility is available at Franklin Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine. We use a combination of acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and Chinese medical nutrition to achieve and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
The treatment of infertility with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine dates back more than 2,000 years. These time-tested techniques drastically improve fertility rates and support a woman’s whole body, unlocking unlimited potential for health, healing and childbearing.
Studies reported by The American Pregnancy Association suggest that a combination approach of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine is an effective treatment for improving fertility.
Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed recent studies and concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall.
- Reduce anxiety and stress. The hormones that are secreted during stressful situations can significantly decrease fertility.
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
- Regulate menstrual cycle.2
Some women elect to get IVF treatment in addition to receiving acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine have been found to improve the effectiveness of IVF. An article published in the British Medical Journal concluded that acupuncture can be offered as a significant, clinically relevant adjunct to IVF, relaxing the uterus and increasing blood flow for the successful implantation of an embryo within the uterine lining.4
Acupuncture is also shown to improve quality of life while undergoing IVF therapy. In fact, it was found that women receiving acupuncture reported significantly less abdominal pain, other pain, nausea, and stress two hours after oocyte aspiration (egg collection) compared to women receiving conventional analgesia.3
Acupuncture provides a safe, effective, drug-free, and natural approach to treating infertility and enjoying a healthy pregnancy. Here are a few reasons to try acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine at Franklin Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine.
At Franklin Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, we are proud to be assisting in the fertility process. We do not treat just symptoms and signs, but instead activates the body’s natural healing potential by treating the root causes that have lead to the condition of infertility. Our treatment methods are completely natural; no drugs are ever used.
For a free phone-consult with our acupuncturist, call (615) 756-3122. Our acupuncturist will determine if your case is a good fit for acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- American Pregnancy Association. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/infertility/acupuncture.htm.
- Five ways acupuncture can boost fertility. Prevention.com. 2002.
- Alternative Therapies, May/June 2007, Vol. 13 No.3.
- Manheimer, E., et. al. Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in vitro fertilization: systematic review and meta-analysis. British Medical Journal. February 2008;336:545-549.
- World Health Organization. www.who.int/medicines.
- A Manual of Acupuncture. Deadman P. & Mazin Al-Khafaji. Eastland Press, 2007. Page 326.